A Visual Studio Code package suite for cross platform F# development.
Ionide includes all the necessary features you’d find in a modern IDE - autocomplete, tooltips, document formatting, syntax and error highlighting, and many more.
With FSI as a part of the editor, you can run F# scripts easily for fast feedback and iteration.
The Forge makes creating new projects quick and simple. Feature supported only in VSCode.
Integration with the widely used and universally loved package manager (created by the F# community) Paket allows for easy management of application dependencies, with none of the headaches of trying use NuGet with a version control system.
Integration with the gold standard of .NET build tools, FAKE (also created by the F# community) lets you run build targets within the comfort of the Atom Editor and Visual Studio Code.
More detailed documentation is available at http://ionide.io/docs (Work In Progress)
- Syntax highlighting
- Error highlighting
- Quick Info Toolbar
- Usages highlighting
- F# Interactive (REPL) panel
- Go-to declaration
- Finding symbols in file
- Go-to any symbol in solution
- Find usages
- Peak View declaration
- CodeLens feature showing type signatures
- CodeOutline tree view
- Listing all errors in workspace
- Building using msbuild / xbuild
- Integration with .Net Core
- Project explorer tree view
F# Project management
- Integration with Forge
- Possibility to create new empty solutions or projects (multiple templates for most popular project types)
- Adding, removing, ordering files in project
- Adding and removing project references
- Paket initialization
- Adding, installing, updating packages from solution or current project (allows the choice of package version)
- Removing packages from solution or current project
- Converting from NuGet, simplify dependency graph, turning on auto-restore for solution.
- Listing outdated packages
- Running any build target defined in FAKE build script
- Running default FAKE target
- Build/Clean/Rebuild the current project
- Build/Clean/Rebuild any project in the current workspace
- Works with the most recent version of msbuild/xsbuild on your system, or supply your own
F# 4.1 needs to be installed on your system in order to use Ionide
For detailed instructions on installing F# :
MsBuild 2015 - Windows only
On Windows MsBuild 2015 needs to be installed. You can download it here
.Net Core - Optional
We also recomend installing .Net Core, even if you plan to target Full .Net Framework. Several features such as debugging, and project scaffolding are using features available only for new, SDK-based project files.
For detailed instructions on installing .Net Core visit official step-by-step installation guide
Quick Install Guide
To install VS Code please visit https://code.visualstudio.com/
If you’re interested in how Ionide functions within VS Code, checkout the VS Code Getting Started Documentation
Don’t hesitate to ask questions using the following channels, or to submit a pull request!
The GitHub pages for each plugin are good place to ask questions, find answers, and report issues.
Ask a question, make a suggestion, or just chat with other Ionide users.
Ionide is an open source project hosted on GitHub
We accept Pull Requests, new features proposals and any suggestions on how we can make Ionide better!